Saw Sharpening Service Recomendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamesc

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for recomendations for saw sharpening please. I have 10 TCT tipped circular saws that need sharpening.
My old sources in Portsmouth and Southampton have both stopped trading.
Ideally I would like somewhere reasonably local to Southampton but if there is somewhere good that does mail order I am happy to use them.
Thanks
James

Thanks, have you used them? their prices seem competative. my old place had a CNC sharpener and the blades came back almost better than new.

Just a DIYer, I had 3 freud blades sharpened at
https://www.lct-saws.co.uk/
very good service and price , they collected the items and returned to door

it was a few years ago now - Nov 2020

But I found for DIYer , it was cheaper to buy a new blade from Saxtonblades https://www.saxtonblades.co.uk/

not sure if they cover southhampton , i'm near chcichester on the coast wittering

Thanks Wayne, I will have a look at them. The blades I have are all over £100 a piece so I have a little lee-way for sharpening.

For the number or blades and at that quality, it may be worth contacting Anthony at Priestner Saws, Aldford nr Chester. He has some top end German CNC sharpening machines and he does sharpen blades better than new.
I know his big account customers send batches of blades in from all round the country.

Not much help to you but I am very fortunate to live approximately 1 mile from an excellent saw sharpening business, Mason Saw Services. Highly recommended for any other Northern Irish members.

Thanks Guys, I have tried a few blades with 12-Point tools in Havent. The guy really seemed to know what he was talking about and gave me confidence.
I will report back when I see the results.

Any saw doctors known to members in the SW?
Apologies for the topic drift but eyes\age make fettling my tenon and dovetail saws difficult.

Just a quick update, I have collected my blades from 12-point Tools in Havent and they seem to have done a good job. The original profiles of the blades have been maintained and the blades are razor sharp. I have only tested one blade in anger but it cuts beutifully.

Just a quick update, I have collected my blades from 12-point Tools in Havent and they seem to have done a good job. The original profiles of the blades have been maintained and the blades are razor sharp. I have only tested one blade in anger but it cuts beutifully.
James their a great company to deal with I’m lucky it’s just round the corner from me.

I have used "TSC" "The Saw Centre" for both circular saw blades and planer blades. The turnaround was blindingly quick and each tooth of the saw blades and the edge of the planer blades had a mirror finish. A superb job.

Latest posts

Back