Nozzle for HVLP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sams93

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

I own an Apollo 1500-3 turbine which has been absolutely great.

The gun isn't the apollo one, and the gun I have has a nozzle with is a 1.5mm tip, however I would like to be able to fit a larger nozzle occasionally for primers and slightly thicker paints etc.

I don't know the details of my spray gun, nor are there any markings on it. I actually think it might be one of the apollo early models. I have had a look around on the web and I cannot seem to find any nozzles of the form that my gun takes. I have attached some photos of my gun and the nozzle in the hope that someone who knows something about this field will be able to point me in the correct direction as to where I can get nozzles of this type!

Attachments

• IMG_1050.jpeg
    IMG_1050.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1049.jpeg
    IMG_1049.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1054.jpeg
    IMG_1054.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1053.jpeg
    IMG_1053.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1056.jpeg
    IMG_1056.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
Last edited:
Hello,

I recently purchased an Apollo 1500-3 turbine, it was 'as new' but didn't come with a spray gun. As a complete cheapskate, I scoured ebay and facebook to find a gun that would fit it, and eventually I did find one.

It arrived today and fits all fine, I gave it a try just with some water to see how it would behave.

The nozzle it came with is a 1.5mm tip, however I would like to be able to fit a 1.8mm nozzle occasionally for primers and slightly thicker paints etc.

I don't know the details of my spray gun, nor are there any markings on it. I actually think it might be one of the apollo early models. I have had a look around on the web and I cannot seem to find any nozzles of the form that my gun takes. I have attached some photos of my gun and the nozzle in the hope that someone who knows something about this field will be able to point me in the correct direction as to where I can get nozzles of this type!

Question 2:
- what is the purpose of the uppermost knob. It doesn't seem to do much until it is completely removed (at which point air just rushes out there). It isn't connected to anything inside the gun, just covers a hole.

Hi. I have the same set up. The black knob uppermost is to change spray pattern to a solid dot. Only a quarter turn is required.
When I purchased my unit it came with lots of spares,some I'm yet to identify!
I bought a couple of air caps and needles from ebay. Search for Q-Tech Silverpro and Apollo ANB300 HVLP Spray Gun Needle Sets.
I got mine from a seller called airlesspro and they were the correct ones.
Hope that helps. Cheers Si

Hi. I have the same set up. The black knob uppermost is to change spray pattern to a solid dot. Only a quarter turn is required.
When I purchased my unit it came with lots of spares,some I'm yet to identify!
I bought a couple of air caps and needles from ebay. Search for Q-Tech Silverpro and Apollo ANB300 HVLP Spray Gun Needle Sets.
I got mine from a seller called airlesspro and they were the correct ones.
Hope that helps. Cheers Si

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

Black knob? I dont think I have that on my one, I have attached a photo of the thing assembled.

Fundamentally it does look the same as yours, but if you look at the shape of the nozzle it appears different. I wonder whether the ones you are talking about (https://airlesspro.co.uk/products/apollo-anb300-q-tech-silver-pro-spray-gun-needle-kits) would fit mine - if so that would be very handy!

I notice you are in essex, I often work in chelmsford so I don't know if you are close by and might be willing to let me come and compare the nozzle dimensions with the ones you have bought?

sam

I forgot to attach the photos

Attachments

• IMG_1062.jpeg
    IMG_1062.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1063.jpeg
    IMG_1063.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1064.jpeg
    IMG_1064.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1066.jpeg
    IMG_1066.jpeg
Looks like an early Fuji spray gun to me, I suggest a trip to Axminster Tools to compare what they have hanging up as parts.

Back