My Christmas laser works!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulrbarnard

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I received a 20W laser for Christmas. I’ve just fitted it to my 3D printer and connected it up. I found some software to drive it, opened the test image and it works!

image.jpg

Nice, Though please to remember to call it laser pyrography not marquetry (really annoying when people do that)

Definitely pyrography at this stage. I’m hoping to advance to laser cut inlay using veneer. Why would that then not be laser marquetry? Should people also differentiate between knife marquetry and saw marquetry?

Not getting at you Paul. Just annoyed that so many on Etsy call their laser pyrography marquetry, when it is abundantly clear it is just a bit of burnt wood.

Got to confess, I'm a bit disappointed that you've done a post about using a Laser and not managed to say "I expect you to die" in it anywhere ;)

Boring fact. That scene was done by cutting the table with an angle grinder, filling the gap with lead and grinding it flat. Camera rolled, guy underneath aimed a blow torch at it. Superimpose the light on in after. ( told you it was boring!)

Boring fact. That scene was done by cutting the table with an angle grinder, filling the gap with lead and grinding it flat. Camera rolled, guy underneath aimed a blow torch at it. Superimpose the light on in after. ( told you it was boring!)
Probably would have been less hassle to use a real laser :). Though I suspect they were not as readily available back then

Back