Multi cut 3 scroll saw by Hegner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaintD56

Established Member
Reaction score
Good morning, everyone
I bought an old Hegner scroll saw, few months back and I added a few updated items like thew quick release blade clamp and the quick release tension rod.
The tension rod keeps vibrating loose, does anyone have some trick or tips for a solution with this problem?
I kept tightening the rod before but because of my stupidity It broke at the threads, I'm on my second tension rod replacement and I do not want it to become a third rod replacement.
Thank you all in advance for any suggestions, tips, or solutions

Good evening
I got a response from Advance Machineries about the problem that I was having with the quick release update on my 1987 Multimax 25.
Like I said in my first post I bought this machine a few months ago,
When I set it up on its stand, I snugged up the bolts tight, thinking that would be the right thing to do? Come to find out that is the opposite of right, when installing the bolts, you first need to run them hand tight, then snug them up just a little past hand tight so that the vibration will travel from saw down through the stand to the concrete floor.
Reduces the vibration on the quick release tension rod.
Have a Great Day
SaintD56

These 2nd hand machines are on eBay ,Facebook etc for a reason.
If they are cheap or not they will have issues that are expensive to rectify.
I would avoid ones that have no quick tension lever on the front, the bellows are cracked no quick clamp, all these upgrade parts are too expensive from Hegner I’ve also seen several with variable speed issues someone on the scrollsaw section had this problem.
Some sellers are vague about the age of the machine, if it has West Germany on the label it will be 30 years old or more.
The lovers of these machines think they are the best but there are beater to be had
My advice would be to buy a Record power 20 or 26, Excalibur 16 21 or 30, a Diamond heavy duty or a Meddings Pacera
They need careful setup but will out perform hegner

These 2nd hand machines are on eBay ,Facebook etc for a reason.
If they are cheap or not they will have issues that are expensive to rectify.
I would avoid ones that have no quick tension lever on the front, the bellows are cracked no quick clamp, all these upgrade parts are too expensive from Hegner I’ve also seen several with variable speed issues someone on the scrollsaw section had this problem.
Some sellers are vague about the age of the machine, if it has West Germany on the label it will be 30 years old or more.
The lovers of these machines think they are the best but there are beater to be had
My advice would be to buy a Record power 20 or 26, Excalibur 16 21 or 30, a Diamond heavy duty or a Meddings Pacera
They need careful setup but will out perform hegner
Hello Bungalowbill63
I only paid 175.00 for this and I unvested 190. plus, change. Got with the Company and they walked through the problem with me, and I made the set-up corrections, now the old multicut-3 or multimax 25 as the call it, runs like a champ. 365. plus, change is still cheaper than what I paid for my 20 in, Delta 40-694 variable speed four years ago. I t would have been 83.00 cheaper but because of my lack of knowledge setting up these kind of scroll saws, I had to replace a part that I broke, not the saw. Hegner has a great customer service department and most of all they are patient with owners of these scroll saw no matter what age or model. Thank you very much four your input hope to read more of your feeds. Have A Great Day.

Back