Hello

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IDreamChaserI

Reaction score
Hi, I guess I may come into less correct forum. I am a trained CNC machinist to work on precision machining in Singapore. Able to program and operate CNC milling and turning. Was climbed up into management ladder but was lay off last June. Taking a break now and look for other opportunity. Meanwhile helping my friend to market his machinable glass ceramic. Thought this forum for metal work, guessed is mostly wood processing. I could be learning something new from here.

You’re very welcome dreamchaser and I’m sure we can learn a lot from each other.
The machinable glass ceramic sounds interesting if you would care to enlighten us? Ian

Hi,
Thank you for having welcome me.

Ya. I am not an expert on machinable glass ceramic as well. I try to share what I know.

Machinable Glass Ceramic is advance material. It was found during the 70s. As we knew most ceramic is soft and easy to break but it has great properties for other application. Therefore research is taken and this material is born. It allowed traditional milling, turning, drilling, grooving and threading to work on to be a close tolerance part for technology assembly. It is used in aerospace (light), military, medical, chemistry, radiation, heating element, lightning protection system... many more.

Actually wood furniture making also fun, I ever made a small table and stool using scrapped wood from shipment. I might need to find time to dig out that photo.

Hello and welcome DreamChaser, may your stay here be a long and enjoyable one.

Back