FOR SALE: Perform 4" Belt and 6" Disc Sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OPJ

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking to offload this Hobby-rated sanding machine, which was purchased brand new from Axminster in October 2006. I'm looking to make space for other things in my workshop and, as I rarely use it anymore, I'm thinking this something I can do without (as I plan on getting a lathe at some point).

The 6" sanding disc allows you to sand timber up to 3" thick, while the 4" sanding belt can also be positioned vertically and, using the same support table as the disc sander, allow you to sand much taller work.

The support table isn't flat (convex, in fact) so you have to be careful which side of the slot you work off it order to get good results. It is actually quite noisy in use but the extraction seems to work well with the disc sander. I did managed to break part of the plastic guarding which also contain some dust from the sanding belt but, this does not affect the performance of this machine.

2307874242_e57e5b1f0c.jpg

The piece of casting in the next photo broke within my first week of purchasing the machine. I know, I probably shouldn't returned it for a replacement; but, I put i down to poor design/build quality and would only expect the same to happen again with any replacement.

2307070821_9c201d461a.jpg

This does mean that the sanding belt cannot be locked in non-horizontal position but, it can still be used vertically. As you can see in the next photo, I use a L-shaped jig made simply from MDF, which helps to keep the belt supported at 90º - and you are welcome to have it.

2307070721_4c5f780758.jpg

This is a decent machine for the hobbyist or occasional user but, I don't think it would suit the needs of anyone looking to use it on a regular basis.

I'm also offering a box of assorted spare belts and discs (various grits) and I'm ideally looking for... £40 ONO, for the lot. It'll have to be collection only, I'm afraid (Bristol). I have no way of packaging this machine and the weight (30~40kg?) may be an issue.

If you are interested at all, please get in touch with me.

Thank you for your time.

Hi, OPJ

I have one similar, and the other side of that price broke but I managed to bend a piece of 3mm steel to the same radius and screw it to the un-broken part so it will still clamp up. I don't use it much these days.

Pete

:cry: Why is it every time i see something i could do with i'm 1- skint and 2- it's miles away. :evil: :lol:

kevin":1zqhoivx said:
:cry: Why is it every time i see something i could do with i'm 1- skint and 2- it's miles away. :evil: :lol:

Because 1) we all are and 2) you live in Sunderland... :wink: :lol:

Andrew

Hello OPJ

I hope you never move to the US and become a used car salesman.
With your honesty, You will starve to death.... :D :D

Travis

PowerTool":2h961jqu said:
kevin":2h961jqu said:

Because 1) we all are and 2) you live in Sunderland... :wink: :lol:

Andrew
=D> :lol: :lol: :lol:

Travis":1j5kx33v said:
Hello OPJ

I hope you never move to the US and become a used car salesman.
With your honesty, You will starve to death.... :D :D

Travis

:D

Oh well, this probably explains why I have trouble selling cheap rubbish that I wish I'd never bought, on eBay! :)

I feel it's important to be honest though, especially if someone's coming to pick it up in person. Last thing I'd want is for someone to turn up and then realise it's a piece of rubbish and they don't want it anymore!

It didn't take long for a couple of other forum members to put people off buying this thing in another thread though! :wink: :)

Sorry OPJ - I did not see your post until I had replied to the later one.

Did not wish to stop your sale! :oops:

Rod

No worries, Rod. :wink:

Unless you work in the Chinese factory where this contraption was so knocked together, I don't think for one second that you are to blame! :D

Back