Dust protection for spectacle wearers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neville

Reaction score
Fed up with every facial mask type dust filter I've bought being taken off in use through my spectacles misting up I saw a review on the new "Trend Airace" mask. This made me take the plunge and buy one even though I was less than optimistic that it would work.

I am greatly surprised and even more delighted!

It is absolutely great. It looks large and unwieldy but it isn't and it really works without ever misting my specs.

Well done and thank you to Trend, (with whom I have no commercial association let me add).

Incidentally, I also bought the visor that attaches to the mask. I commend this to you also as my specs don't get all the dust on them either now and chips can flick at me from the router with impunity. This does get dusty though and the dust statically sticks to the plastic but not really a problem as long as you have a clean antistatic cloth available.

I hope this gives an opportunity for greater safety and pleasure to other spectacle wearers.

I got mine from D&M Tools

Hi Neville and welcome. I too have the Airace with visor and, like you I think it is great. My only problem has been when wearing it in cold conditions a fair amount of condensation builds up in the mask, which dribbles out when you take it off. No more fogged up glasses though, which is a big advantage.

Neville - welcome - I've had the 'Airshield' now for a while and its a great piece of kit, 'specially if you're turning, routing or doing something that's very dusty - Rob

Thanks for the welcome, most kind.
As you mention woodturning, you might be interested in me mentioning a chap called Fred Payne (Pain?), who kindly taught me some woodturning - especially how to turn a cabriole leg. I have a Myford woodturning lathe which I bought new in the early 60's!

Welcome to the forum Neville.

Like Woodbloke, I have the Airsheild which is perfect for my needs. It gives me full face protection and because of the cool air it not only stops my glasses steaming up but also keeps me nice and cool in the summer.

Cheers

Mike

Back