Chestnut Melamine Lacquer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenpin

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

i'm currently finishing my Maple kitchen with Melamine Lacquer recommeneded to me by Philly and have noticed something i'm hoping someone can offer advice on

i started using the Melamine gloss lacquer in a 400ml aerosol :shock: :shock: how many is that going to take i asked myself...so broke out the spray gun and bought the 1 litre tins of melamine finish.

trouble is it's not finishing with a glossy finish...i don't want it to be soooooo shiny but a bit more than matt would be good, especially since iv'e used some of the spray type also...
i'm using the celluose sanding sealer to start and finishing to 240 grit

Can anyone recommened the burnishing cream which the chestnut website says you can use and is this like a polishing paste to buff the finish up

any help would be grateful

Nick

Nick
It shouldn't be coming up matt - make sure you give the tin a good shake before hand. And I thinned it down with thinners when spraying (but you already know that)
I used fine wet and dry paper to remove nibs and runs (400 grit lubed with water) then used an automotive rubbing compound to buff out the finish. Was simple to do and only takes a couple minutes a panel and gives a mirror shine.
Hope this helps
Philly :D

Star man Philly, Thanks

i was told to 50/50 first coat 70/30 second coat and neat 3rd coat...maybe i should thin the final a bit :oops: :oops:

iv'e also been using 0000 steel wool to polish but not really the finish i would like...i'll try your formula this weekend \:D/

i'll get this kitchen finished if it kills me :? :?

Back