Xcalibur 12" table saw - it's here!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I pick up my new table saw tomorrow :D

Can anybody who has the Xcalibur table saw tell me what height the tables are off the floor?

Thanks

Karl

HI Karl
My 10" is 895mm. But that is sitting in a mobile base and I'm not sure if that takes up a mm or two. I haven't got my eyes in yet, it's the price of woodying until 2am.....

Worth it, though!
:)
S

Hi Karl,

Welcome to the Xcaliber owners club!

I don't think you will be dissappointed with the machine. I must have had mine for 3-4 years and is have been faultless.

Mine is on a modified* axminster base but allowing for that the table is 89cm above the base of the cabinet +/- a few mm.

Mine is the 10" model but I see no reason for differing cabinet heights.

I think Waka has the 12" model so maybe he can confirm.

HTH

Bob

*I added two further castoring wheels to replace the two fixed wheels to give me easier manoeuvrability.

EDIT: Steve must have been typing as I was. I think we have have the same 10" model

I have the 12" model and the actual height from the base of the machine to the top of the table is 875mm, I have mine on a homemade stand that gives a total height of about 890mm

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I am picking the saw up in the morning, so will report back once it's in the 'shop.

Cheers

Karl

Waka - can you do me a big favour and tell me what the dimension is side to side, assuming the extensions and rails are taken off? The widest point seems to be the handle on the LHS to the fins on the RHS.

Also, what's round the back of the machine? DX port?

Cheers

Karl

Karl

It's as near as damit 80 cm.

There is nothing around the back of the machine, the is below the fins on the RHS, this lifts off to give you easy access to the inside.

You should have no problem setting this up when it arrives, quite straight forward, even the table alignment.

Let us know how you get on, with pic's, otherwise it's not real.

Waka":mdqh9yjw said:
There is nothing around the back of the machine, the is below the fins on the RHS,

Should that read "There is nothing around the back of the machine, the DX is below the fins on the RHS" ?

Waka - pictures tomorrow, I promise!

Cheers

Karl

Mr Ed":2t486dn8 said:
You're on a roll at the moment Karl. Nice work on the new saw.

Ed

Yes, and SWMBO has noticed too.......... 8-[

Cheers

Karl

Karl":36r22nty said:
Waka":36r22nty said:
There is nothing around the back of the machine, the is below the fins on the RHS,

Should that read "There is nothing around the back of the machine, the DX is below the fins on the RHS" ?

Waka - pictures tomorrow, I promise!

Cheers

Karl

Ah yes you are right.

I'm £700 lighter and It's here!

Not quite how I planned on collecting it, but the van company from whom I was going to get a tail lift van let me down. Still, saved me £75. I had to get the guys to take the rails and side extension tables off for me though, so I am going to have to put it all back together later on.

DSC00156.jpg

Getting it in was easy enough - there were 3 of us. Getting it out on my own was going to be a little more difficult :lol:

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00161.jpg

Manhandled it into its temporary resting place.

DSC00162.jpg

I've just had a delivery from Axminster with some castors to make a mobile base for it.

I'm off to wire it up and get it mobile. Will report back later.

Cheers

Karl

Looks very substantial Karl. I can see that being the last tablesaw you need to buy.

Ed

£700 :shock:

That is a very good price Karl - was it an ex demo machine perhaps?

I paid more than that for my 10" and though I had got a good deal.

Well done anyway.

Bob

Ed - I think you may be right :D

Bob - don't worry, it's not "new" new, but "new" to me. It has come from a small woodworking shop nearby, run by a father and son. They are shutting down and wanted rid. They've had it two years, and it looks like it has had an easy life to date. I thought it was a good price though - they're £2k new.

Cheers

Karl

Well done Karl. I'm probably a . but I get real excited when I get a new tool, especially a machine. At 2 years old its just been nicely run in and is now ready to give you many years of stirling service. You couldn't even get the Axminster 10" saw for £700 so you have done really well :D

Good luck with installing it and lets have some more photos when you are ready.

You have a pm.

Cheers

Mike

Managed to get the fence rails connected (after a bit of metal butchery :shock: )

DSC00163.jpg

The standard rails were just far too long for my 'shop - they gave a rip capacity of 1300mm to the right of the blade. Chopping them down has reduced this to 620mm. If I ever get a larger workshop then it'll be a straightforward job to replace the rails with longer ones (it's just angle iron and box section).

I also got the RH extension table attached, but I don't think i'll have the space to attach the LH table, which is a shame. I'll just have to see how I get on with it.

A pic of the saw in its working position

DSC00164.jpg

And in its stored position

DSC00166.jpg

Got the power connected up and fired it up. 8) I also managed to get the table aligned to the blade.

I've got the kids now, so won't get chance to do any more until after bed time.

More pics later.

Cheers

Karl

Karl

I think it's disgusting that you picked the saw up for £700.00, and even more disgusting that you're posting it :lol: :lol:

I can assure you that you won't be disappointed. I'm not sure whether they modified the crown guard since I got mine, but I think that's a failure on this and other Woodford TS. I eventually went for the gubbins they sell at Axminster which incorporates dust extraction as well. Mind you it's easy to make one yourself.

Back