Xcalibur 10" Tilting Arbor Table Saw Model TC10RAS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aden30mm

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone out there got any feedback on this machine:

Xcalibur 10" Tilting Arbor Table Saw Model TC10RAS

Looking to upgrade my workshop and this small footprint machine looks to be a contender.

Regards

Aden

aden,

is it a current model? when i looked on the website a month ago, most of the models were about to be replaced.

?ark

You may be right, I found it via a potentially in old thread.

Anyone out there got a copy the new catalogue, I believe there has been some traffic on this brand of machines.

If not I give Woodford a call tomorrow.

Am I correct that Xcalibar are a well thought of brand?

Kind Regards

David

i believe that they are well thought of. Cant help you on the catalogue. At least if you know the old model that you were interested in, then you can enquire what has replaced it- if indeed it has been superseded.

What have you got at the moment?

I'm pretty sure that the Excalibur brand is extremely well thought of....in fact it is a clone of Norm's famous Delta cabinet saw. Apart from being well built it has an arbor long enough to accommodate a stacked dado head cutter which nearly everybody in the UK wants and which despite their being confusion over safety regs, no one makes. So, yes its a cracker.

I currently have a old Rexon, as my needs were not a stringent years ago when I bought it new. It has some faults, but has been pretty bomb proof over the years. I now need something with a tad more quality hence my inquiry through this site.

I had a chat to Xcalibar chaps and they indicated that new models would be arriving in the next month or so.

Of note they told me that they are now manufacturing a very wide range of planner blades, at competitive prices.

Thanks for the feedback chaps.

Regards

Aden

That model is not the same as the Delta Unisaw, which is the larger cabinet model. However, the Xcalibur branded machines are excellent. Well-made, powerful and a joy to use. The new range has been a long time coming. But the few niggles I have about my own (the 10" cabinet version) have been addressed, I believe. For example, the switch is now on the left, where it should be, and the blade tilts away from the fence, not towards it.
Assuming the build quality is the same as it has always been, it should be a market leader of a saw.
S

I've also been waiting for the new shipment to arrive, although this still has to be confirmed. Spoke with Roy this morning, below is an image supplied by the factory, and a little information from Roy.

10” machine £685.00 inc vat Max cut 90 degree 80mm
12” machine £775.00 inc vat Max cut 90 degrees 105mm
Both have 2.2Kw induction motor
Working table size 1034x 685mm
Weight 130kg/132Kg

Hi peter correct me if am wrong I have a similar saw made by a Chinese or tiwanies company called HEC with 3 horse power motor

leptus":fynrsvl6 said:
Hi peter correct me if am wrong I have a similar saw made by a Chinese or tiwanies company called HEC with 3 horse power motor

2.2kw is 3hp isnt it?

Yes I think it is , I am trying to sort one of those v link belts do you know where I can get one, I read some where that they reduce vibration is that the case?

Back