Worth a fiver?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
DSCN2320.JPG

DSCN2322.JPG

DSCN2321.JPG

Marples 17" jack, 2 1/4" Marples iron. Nice clean iron, no cracks, no worm. A little bashing, but nothing much.

Now I've to get used to setting the thing. :D

Attachments

• DSCN2320.JPG
    DSCN2320.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,204
  • DSCN2322.JPG
    DSCN2322.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 1,204
  • DSCN2321.JPG
    DSCN2321.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 1,204
IMO, it's worth a lot more than a fiver, it's one of the absolutely core tools in any woodworker's tool kit.

Good buy!

Beautiful condition - and it's got the classic slightly narrow (front-rear dimension) Marples handle,which I like.

BugBear

Not much disagreement in this thread.
It's clearly worth much more than a fiver, but from a buyer's point of view there's seldom any need to pay much more, unless you want it posted.
I wonder how long it will take for the supply of good tools like this to dry up?

Oh hell yes! That one is in really stonking condition, nice buy Phil.

Re. pricing, you lucky gents in the UK wouldn't want to know the typical asking prices over here for grotty ones, with checks or worm (or both!) and handles ready to fall on the ground they're so loose. Suffice it to say it's more than Phil paid here.

Hello,

Screw a light bulb holder on the front, glue it on to an off cut, so it will stand on its end, and you'll have a £200 lamp. Well worth a fiver for re-purposing. (hammer)

Oh, I see, your actually thinking you might use it as a plane! :?

Mike.

[quote Screw a light bulb holder on the front, glue it on to an off cut, so it will stand on its end, and you'll have a £200 lamp. Well worth a fiver for re-purposing. (hammer) [/quote]

Here's what i just saw on the auction site......
axe in a plane.jpg

Well you won't loose that axe again, wonder if the wife would allow me to keep mine in the centre of our coffee table, very handy indeed :D

Attachments

• axe in a plane.jpg
    axe in a plane.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 969
Dovetaildave":2spaz35h said:
[quote Screw a light bulb holder on the front, glue it on to an off cut, so it will stand on its end, and you'll have a £200 lamp. Well worth a fiver for re-purposing. (hammer)

Here's what i just saw on the auction site......

Well you won't loose that axe again, wonder if the wife would allow me to keep mine in the centre of our coffee table, very handy indeed :D[/quote]

That's just sick
Regards
John

I paid £15 for a fairly well battered wooden plane, so a fiver is a total bargain

Saw a (slightly rough) Marples 2" razee jack yesterday, labelled at £4. If I didn't already have one,
converted as a scrub, I'd have bought it

BugBear

Back