Woodrat!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newbie_Neil":3kwztqdd said:
www.woodrat.com

Will you please refrain from posting that url.

Cheers
Neil

Well, I have to keep it on-topic after all. 8)

Adam.

(PS: Despite Neils protestations, given the number of the postings on this "woodrat" thread, and "accidentally" clicking the link above, me thinks he'll be soon putting in his order for a 'rat :p :shock: :D .)

Aragorn":4s1kkcqt said:
Non-ratter here!
I use the Leigh jig for dovetails. Also does variable width and spacing. I often have trouble with tearout even when I back up my workpiece. Anyone else have this problem?

Hi Aragorn

Just cut a load of dovetails with the Leigh this afternoon with no tearout at all (first time for everything) and remembered your earlier question. I climb routed the cuts very slowly and lightly at first with and then just cleared the rest out - no problem. No breakout from 12 boards with 8 DVs on each joint.
I used a backer board but made sure I exited the cut at the rear of my project board in the middle of the DV and then came back towards myself to cut the rear edges against the guide fingers. Hope that makes sense

Back