Wooden plane on Ebay

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well yes, the top bit looks like a shallow hollow with a missing cutter, but what's it standing on or attached to ? It appears to be presented as part of the item, but is it a bit of something else ?

It's a large side bead. One of the three pictures is in focus and the wedge is the wrong way round, so not too bad going...

It's on a bench, with a strip of something white - rag, paper, packaging material? Plane looks ok, but as so often, it's the less useful extreme sizes that survive in the best nick, while the more useful small ones get worn out.

I don't think you're seeing the same plane as me Andy; the out of focus side bead is listed in a "more chances to get what you want" list.

I'm seeing this: (if it works)

s-l1600.jpg

Ah yes, I was looking at entirely the wrong thing.

That does look like two items, an ordinary rebate plane, and a sash moulding template. I wonder if they got screwed together for some special job, and the seller thinks they belong together permanently.

(Re templates - I posted some pictures in this old thread: sash-templates-t50658.html)

IMG_4460.jpg

The rebate plane bit seems to lack an iron. Very odd!

EDIT: Looking again on a bigger screen, I think you are right - it is a hollow, not a straight rebate. And reading more closely, I see you spotted the lack of an iron. :oops:

Back