Vintage planes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

italiantools

Reaction score
Hi, I am from Italy. One question: where I can buy Stanley or Record or Milers Falls plane on line in U.K.? I am watching ebay but prices are very expencive for a vintage item...
Best regards.

There are UK tool dealers who sell old planes but their prices will be even higher.

If you search on Ebay for prices of completed auctions, you'll find there's a big range from low to high.

Millers Falls planes tend to be less common than Stanley or Records in the the UK, it might be better to search in the US.

Hi I found this shop the other day by chance.
www.thetoolbox.org.uk
The owner has a good range of used tools and planes that seem to me to be fairly priced. You won't get them on the cheap but you will remove the doubt of buying overseas from a private seller. I'd suggest contacting the owner directly. The website shows very little of the available stock.
If you have time to wait keep an eye on the sale section on this site. Excellent deals do come up. There's an excellent offer on a record number 6 right now! I'd snap it up!

I'd go with ebay personally, the key is knowing what you are looking for, sometimes they do go for a lot more than what they are actually worth, I recently payed £35 for a no4 stanley type 11, in pristine condition for its age, I feel like that is a good price for such an old plane, and I set it up today, it works like a dream!

As above. Forget the older collector's stuff and look for '45 - '70 ones in reasonable condition. There are loads of them. Arm yourself with a new price list, you might find them and even much older ones quite reasonably priced.

Hi Alex. I've collected vintage Stanley planes for a number of years now, and I would tend to buy them on Ebay (or good old fashioned clearance auctions). I would say that a large part of my collection has come from the States as they are awash with excellent examples of early Stanleys.

Jonny

Back