Is this cheap or am I imagining it?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine too Phil, Union Graduate. The old graduates are pretty beefy though. I have bought a couple of taps with the intention of re-cutting threads in an existing chuck I have, or perhaps threading some mdf/ply for home made faceplates, right hand thread only though.
Sorry, I don't want to hijack the thread.

K

28 - 40 - different register. The existing Nova which I suspect is as old as the lathe is on an excerpt - I'm reluctant to open it up to see what the thread actually is just out of curiosity as it is perfectly concentric, thus best left well alone. :D The size certainly limits the choices.

The link when opened reads 1 x 8 tpi on my screen. The G3 has thread adapter/inserts that can put in for different lathes. So even if it didn't fit your lathe you can get the adaptor to replace the one it comes with. Since the seller appears to be a business they may have several thread sized packages so a note to them might get you the threads you want or an adapter.

Pete.

Back