induction motors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How much quieter are they in practise?

Is it night and day?

Is it also quieter when you're actually cutting? or is that about the same?

I'm still looking at the Axminster ts200 or ts250 and wondered what kind of a difference there would be in noise over something that doesn't have an induction motor, like say a track saw or circular saw.

transatlantic":3qyma5fr said:

Is it night and day?
Yes it is, IMO
transatlantic":3qyma5fr said:

I'm still looking at the Axminster ts200 or ts250 and wondered what kind of a difference there would be in noise over something that doesn't have an induction motor, like say a track saw or circular saw.
For me it's the difference between having to check that my neighbours are all out before firing up the saw and being able to use it almost any time I like.
I barely used my old Rexxon saw due to the embarrassment the noise caused me, since I got my Kity I use it all the time.

pcb1962":1ky22mgl said:
transatlantic":1ky22mgl said:

Is it night and day?
Yes it is, IMO
transatlantic":1ky22mgl said:

For me it's the difference between having to check that my neighbours are all out before firing up the saw and being able to use it almost any time I like.
I barely used my old Rexxon saw due to the embarrassment the noise caused me, since I got my Kity I use it all the time.

This is just the answer I wanted to hear. Hopefully the Axminster motor is as quiet as yours

Unbelievable difference between brush and induction motor, no bang on startup just a hum and then the hiss of the saw blade spinning.

Pete

Noise when cutting, due to the impact of teeth on wood rather the motor itself, will be the same. I find the actual time for the cut is a small proportion of the time that the saw is running, so overall it is so much more tolerable to work with my table saw (induction) compared to my crosscut saw (brushed).

Back