Makita LS0815FL or Bosch GCM 8 SJL?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
They're both about the same price.

Makita :

1400W
Max. Cross Cut 305 x 65mm

Bosch :

1600W
Max. Cross Cut 312 x 70mm

Not fussed on the extra cutting capacity. I'm more interested in accuracy and build quality. Thoughts?

I have the Bosch and have used it quite a lot - my opinion is it's a well built and accurate tool.

I too considered the Makita but decided to go for the Bosch due to the extra power and cutting capacity, plus it's a brand I trust to earn my living with as I now have 12 different blue Bosch tools and they have all been superb.

I have the Bosch and I have used it well ...many hours of accurate cutting both wood and alloy sections
The back fence broke but I was able to repair this
The laser broke too but not to bothered about it
I can wholeheartedly recommend it and with the stand gsm2600 I think is the model

I have the Bosch too and it's a good saw. Accurate on chop cuts, almost spot on at mitres. Bevels aren't brilliant but useable depending on your needs. Stock blade isn't awful, but a decent blade like a Freud makes it into a beast. There is breakout on the underside regardless of blade. It's not terrible, but a false table will be needed in addition to a sacrificial fence if you really can't tolerate breakout at all for your project.

Dust extraction is so so, worth extending the ports. I just use a bit of gaffer tape and replace it periodically.

It is heavy though, so whilst it has a carry handle, not sure I'd want to lug it all over sites.

I have the Makita, it really is disappointing. I gave a long rant about this a while ago, but principally mine has a very poorly made fence meaning accurate cuts are impossible and the detentes for the preset angles have too much slack.

I could not possibly recommend it.

I have the Bosch which is an excellent machine. I have mounted it on a stand next to an awful Rage 3 which I use for rough cutting on treated timber, firewood etc. and keep the Bosch for "proper" woodworking.

Bill

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to pop down and hopefully see them both on display to have a nose.

Back