DeWalt DCD 790

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
After a lot of thought I decided to replace my ageing Hitachi with this one, as I was looking for the best deal at around that price - £135ish including delivery. I couldn't justify spending much more than that as it's now only used in a domestic environment, but I wanted to go a bit up market from the Hitachi, good as it was for £90 five years ago. I thought about a Makita with two 3AH batteries that was £10 more, but had a brushed motor and from what I'd read it's worth having a brushless one. This also about two inches shorter than the Hitachi as it has no hammer - this is unimportant to me as I have a bigger beast, and the shortness is an advantage if making kitchen units or built in furniture.
So here it is with a 1 1/4" bit (sharp) -

And here it is in end grain :shock: -

The end grain one surprised me, I didn't think for one moment that it would do it. An awesome little tool for the money. Happy as I was with the Hitachi, this is a different class. I believe it's only so cheap because it's been superseded, but so what if it has been.

Back