Anyone use a Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you know Rob I have the Axminster HBS310N and it does everything I need it to BUT out of the 3 you have listed above I would go for the BS300E mainly due to the blade guides and also the fence does look a bit better than the Axminster one. They are pretty well matched power wise but mine does struggle to to cut thin slices off 5" plus wood even when tensioned correctly. The BS250 is probably ok but won't be as good as the BS300E for larger projects.

The Axminster is also rubbish regarding dust extraction and when its running dust is thrown out all around the doors so I have to clean everywhere up after which is very annoying and not good for your health, I have tried attaching a vacuum cleaner etc but doesn't make any difference so might be worth checking out how good the BS300E is for dust extraction.

As with any big bit of kit purchases its best to shop around and look for video reviews of people actually using them before splashing the cash, I wouldnt buy the Axminster bandsaw again given the choice.

Cheers
Brian
ps forgot to mention My bandsaw struggled with a 5" diameter Birch log and the cut was all over the place even with a brand new Tuffsaws blade tensioned correctly...... maybe the Record would cut it better.

Hi Rob.

I have the Record BS350S, and it’s a very good machine no complaints, my previous machine was an Axminster hobbies series saw, can’t remember the model, this saw was ok with very light work, but it was difficult to keep the blade tracked.

I am not comparing the two saws against one another, as it would not be a fair comparison as the Record BS350S is a much bigger and heavier duty saw.

Which ever saw you end up with, I can recommend (Tuff-Saw’s) for your blades I am sure you will get many more recommendations for these blades.

Chris.

Walney Col":u0mwsljp said:
I bought A lumberjack BS 254 about a month ago and I'm thrilled to bits with it. It can cut up to 6 inch thick and for the money I don't see how you can beat it.

https://www.lumberjacktools.co.uk/produ ... w-lum00028

Col.

Haven't seen one of those before Colin, you certainly get plenty of kit with them...... even a light! every bandsaw should have one fitted (mine hasn't :evil: ) also the dust extraction port has a good idea so you can use different tubes.

Brian

The Record range have a 5 year guarantee ands if you buy when there is a tool show on, then you can often get a discount and free delivery. Could be worth tryng for the BS350 perhaps?. I have the BS400 and it's a great machine. Got £100 off and free delivery when I bought from a show. There are a number of reviews on this forum, just make a search.

Malcolm

Back