Morrells A/C Lacquer question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlneedshelp

Reaction score
Hi

I've been spraying Morrells pigmented A/C lacquer on some kitchen doors and have got to the stage now where I have a few final pieces of the kitchen to finish and this has led me to a couple of questions.

Firstly, the last couple of pieces of the kitchen are large and going to be difficult to take outside. I'm a little concerned that overspray is highly flammable and I want to avoid spraying in the kitchen because of this. I've used a brush to apply clear lacquer to both ash (for some stair treads) and the inside of some of the cupboards. I did this outside but have a couple of cupboards that are already fitted that need finishing. If I use a brush inside the cupboards is there still a danger of the fumes igniting or is that only an issue with overspray hitting potential ignition sources.

Secondly, I've built a large larder cupboard which has been moved into the kitchen and put in place due to the need for space in the room where it was constructed (the lounge). A neighbour helped me move it and I don't want to keep asking him for help lumbering stuff around. The doors and face frame have been sprayed already and have been attached. I now need to finish the sides. Someone on here has told me it is possible to do this with a roller and recommended a particular brand (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Axus-Décor...1470133052&sr=8-4&keywords=wood+finish+roller) which I have purchased. My question is, do I need to prime under the morrels pigmented A/C laquer, or can I apply the clear lacquer and then paint on this. I only ask as as I have more of the clear lacquer left than the pigmented and once the clear lacquer has been sanded and wire wool(ed) it provides a nice smooth surface to paint. If I cannot do this, why do I need to prime the wood with the pigmented lacquer when it isn't necessary with the clear lacquer.

Thanks in advance

Carl

Hi Carl
I can't answer all your questions someone will be along soon who can, i just wanted to say if you are rolling or brushing
A/c Laquer you will need to add a retarder ( not sure if the spellings right) Morrells will recommend one.
If you open all the windows and doors and don't do it next to an open fire then i can't see a problem.

Back