New workbench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallace

Established Member
Reaction score
Just finished my workbench, its made from timber reclaimed from my old school. I don't know what type of pine it is but it is over 100 year old and nice to work with.

I incorporated a little vise into the bench made from some threaded bar and a wadkin handle.

I got a few bisley filing cabinets and had to spray them wadkin grey to match the machines.

Not that I'm a bit of a organise freak but every tool type have their own labled drawer, very satisfying :D

That looks superb! Especially like the cabinets and tail vice- enjoy using it [WINKING FACE]

Coley

Sorry but I for one don't like it!!! It's far too big, the tool well is far to small, ( you need a big well for all the tools you should have put away) the end vice handle is far too shiny and there's way too many drawers for tools.

Stew

Edit - I am not jealous. Seriously though it's a very nice workbench, bet a few people got the wrong idea when they first read my comments. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I love everything about it, very envious. I have inherited a slight stationery 'fetish' and the filing drawers appeal as much as the internal vice/sliding dogs, but I do reckon you'll find them a little too shallow for many tools.
Would be glad to be proven wrong, especially with pictures :wink:

That's a lovely bit of work and no mistake. I am unreasonably jealous of all that storage!

Quick question on the hardwood framing around the perimeter, how's that done to account for wood movement?

Latest posts

Back