Help find Major Tom Action Man

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"... It is suspected thieves, hoped to be curious children, broke off the tracking device just 20 minutes after the doll landed and left just its small tracking box''.

Well, if that's their attitude, I hope they never find it.

Who did they steal it from, the owner of the field????

NazNomad":ifd0qjm3 said:
"... It is suspected thieves, hoped to be curious children, broke off the tracking device just 20 minutes after the doll landed and left just its small tracking box''.

Well, if that's their attitude, I hope they never find it.

Who did they steal it from, the owner of the field????

I'm, not sure what you mean naz - I certainly wouldn't know how to remove a tracking device, wouldn't even know what one looks like, but it's not a exactly a stretch to assume a thief WOULD recognise a tracking device, and break it off deliberately to get at the go-pro.

As for who they stole it from - it's obvious it's owned by someone - evidenced by having a go-pro attached.

"hey look - I found a capsule, with a PARACHUTE ATTACHED (because we all know parachutes always travel downwards in a straight line, don't we boys and girls...), with a doll inside, 100 dog tags and a go-pro attached, so it's completely obvious they didn't want it, so I'm goign to break off the valuable go-pro, steal the doll and leggit".

oh and it had the owners details inside.. and you are saying they were not thieves .... ofc not.

when I was a kid I got an empty box for Christmas and was told "Sorry son but its an Action Man Deserter" 9-)

If it has that much sentimental value why risk it in the first place.
The mind boggles - brains but no common sense.

Exactly, I wouldn't tape £100 to my rarest 7'' vinyl, shove a rocket up its ass and fire it 20 miles ... then accuse the finder of theft.

Seems a rather extravagant way of throwing something precious in the bin.

Sounds very irresponsible to me, it might have come down anywhere.
"Excuse me my Action Man has come down on your roof, can this gang of men climb up and retrieve it"?
"No - go join the Foreign Office"

Back