vivid coloured lacquer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
Next finishing question:

How do I create an effect like this: http://indulgy.com/post/ROosuKXR1/insty ... ink-lacque or what would I use?

it would have to be rattle can based if i needed to spray- I dont have the equipment space for other spraying. It would be for some skipping rope handles for my daughters school fundraiser, turned from sycamore. They need not be flawless but I would like a vivid shiny colour.

the easiest way would be use a spray can colour then go over it with a gloss clear coat lacquer.

adding a tint to lacquer would be how you could achieve that using a spray gun set up

regards Richard

spray can paint colour (as in car paint etc), and then a clear coat lacquer?

I am new to this, so may be using the wrong terms!

to get that high a gloss and a decent wear coat then use a good primer rub it down and then use 2pak paint and poly laquer. you can get all from halfords. Grey primer, base coat paint in any colour and then the laquer on top. I'd give it 3 coats of primer with a rub down inbetween with 240 grit and then at least 3 mist coats of paint ( gently cover until no primer is left) and then 3 or 4 coats of laquer.

perfect, thanks.

It sounds like it is probably worth doing a batch at a time, so i will wait until I have a few to finish.

marcros":3ckvd3cg said:
perfect, thanks.

It sounds like it is probably worth doing a batch at a time, so i will wait until I have a few to finish.
Don't use 2pak (isocyanate) paint without proper breathing gear and overalls though - it's particularly nasty stuff.

Halfords is a very expensive place to buy paint or lacquers.
Your local car body paint supplies shop can give better advice and mix any colour you wish. They should also be able to supply a wide range of abrasives much more cheaply than Halfords. If they are anything like mine they will be a friendly bunch of guys with a massive amount of knowledge and wont sneere at you if you arent buying in quantities of 25 litres at a time!

Back