Anyone know this machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazb642

Reaction score
Hi

I've just bought this machine without seeing it in the flesh and was wondering if anyone knew anything about them? Any help would be great!

Many thanks
Gaz

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 1,156
If it's a whitehead, it's a good machine. Similar build quality to a Wadkin. Looks complete, well done

Cheers for the replys! I've done a bit of searching and googling but all can can seem to find is the junior models, is that the model of this one?

It is all down to condition. In less good condition it will cost less but once the repairs are made to high standards you will usually end up pretty close to the same prize.
In Finland it would be worth somewhere between 700 and 1200 euros in working condition I think. British secondhand prizes are generally a bit lower.

However it's practical value is very high compared to it's market value. If you take good care of your Whitehead and maintain and lubricate properly and shift bearings and do some repairs when needed it will still plane wood with perfect results 50 years after the last Axminster hobby or Jet machine was scrapped.
Even if you ended up paying a bit too much you have no reason to feel sorry. Just spread the loss over the remaining lifetime of you and your children and maybe also your grandchildren :)

Back