Cheap Japanese saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith 66

Established Member
Reaction score
A heads up for all you woodworkers who like a bargain, Lidl's are doing a special on powerfix japanese saws at the moment, a small dovetail or flush cutting saw with one fine & extra fine blades & a larger rip & crosscut jobbie with double sided blade. A penny under seven quid for each. I bought one of the smaller ones thinking it would probably be garbage but having tried it it is really rather good. Nipping up there shortly to get a few more!

Hmm, pity I didn't pay more attention then, I didn't see anything except the larger two sided (Ryoba?) saw which I bought but would have been interested in the other type too. I've been interested in trying a Japanese style saw for ages and having used this one a wee bit I'm quite favourably impressed I think. The handle isn't the most lovely piece of work ever but for less than £7 it was well worth the money.

I think the little saws were old stock from last year, I bought one and absolutely loved it, bought a couple of spares too.

The small ones aren't in the current offer but they may have them back in again at approximately the same time this year as in 2015.

Well worth picking up IMO, I've come to use nearly no other saw for finish cuts on smaller pieces as even the 'medium' leaves end grain nearly finish-ready. The 'fine' gives practically a burnished effect.

First job I used mine on was fitting all now window sills for my sister, the saw cut fas and clean, almost as fast a jigsaw with none of the noise, much less mess and a better finish. The fine blade was used to trim some PVC parts in situ and it did a superb job.

Back