MOTOR

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I,m fairly certain that they are in the correct order as you have them.
Part c is missing the two springs to return the centrifugal actuator to the rest position
Part b slides easily along the shaft to transmit the motion of part c to part a the switch

Ian

Looking at it again on a larger monitor it looks like part b is on the wrong way round the steel legs go over the spring studs and then the white nylon disc pushes against the switch
So the centrifugal mech and the sliding disc move as one the switch is stationery

Ian

Woody,

As a matter of interest, what year is your Coronet Major?

Anything you need to know with regard to the machines, and for spare parts, this is the first place to look.

http://www.coronetwoodworking.co.uk/

Best of luck. Treat the Major with respect and it will last you for ever. I still use the wobble-saw occasionally!

John :D

Hello Ian and John,

Many thanks for your answers. The order of the parts is totally random, thanks Ian for correcting us, he has the springs. Thanks John for the link, he bought "The Major" from someone else many many years ago. I will pass on your message to him.

Woody

Okay Woody. No problem. I was just curious. Mine is a 1971 model. The date and serial will probably be engraved into the lathe bed, at the tail-end of the bar. Just for interest. Best of luck to your neighbour, with his machines. (He's only a chicken BTW! :lol: )

Cheers
John

Back