Will Panel Raising Cutter Block Fit On My SM?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pollys13

Established Member
Reaction score
My spindle moulder specification;
Max Tooling Diameter Above Table 200mm
Max Tooling Diameter Below Table 180mm

What I'd like to know, the Whitehill 190mm panel raising cutter block.
Would I be OK to use this block complete with cutters and limiters above the table to raise a panel?
Cheers.

Which spindle moulder do you have?

It should be okay, although doss seem on the limit.

I would check diamter of tooling including block and cutter projection. Also check your machine speed can match the block.

Its usually best to run a panel raisjng block above anyway, so being forced to do so due to machine size isnt leading you to choose a bad setup.

Panel raising needs careful setting up to be safe. Best really with a power feed. False fence is a must and if hand feeding, extra guarding maybe wise as well as top pressures and perhaps an mdf push board.

RobinBHM":10j2bmma said:
Which spindle moulder do you have?

It should be okay, although doss seem on the limit.

I would check diamter of tooling including block and cutter projection. Also check your machine speed can match the block.

Its usually best to run a panel raisjng block above anyway, so being forced to do so due to machine size isnt leading you to choose a bad setup.

Panel raising needs careful setting up to be safe. Best really with a power feed. False fence is a must and if hand feeding, extra guarding maybe wise as well as top pressures and perhaps an mdf push board.

I have an Axminster trade series WS1000TA machine.
Thanks.

No.

The block diameter is 190mm, this does not allow for cutter projection.

I have the 140mm block and with cutter projection the diameter is just under 170mm .

So you will exceed the top size by about 10mm also I would have though even if it did just squeeze in the waste would bounce around inside the hood due the tight clearances.

Tom

Just looked at the pic on the Whitehill site and the cutters on the block pictured do not extend as much on my block so if that is the 190mm block you maybe ok.

I would give Whitehill a call and ask them, they are normally very helpful.

tomatwark":wh729hjk said:
No.

The block diameter is 190mm, this does not allow for cutter projection.

I have the 140mm block and with cutter projection the diameter is just under 170mm .

So you will exceed the top size by about 10mm also I would have though even if it did just squeeze in the waste would bounce around inside the hood due the tight clearances.

Tom
OK thanks.

Back