Spindle Moulder With Tilting Arbor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pollys13

Established Member
Reaction score
My spindle has a forward and backward tilt. Someone mentioned a tilting spindle can foul a power feed if using one.
Also a tilting spindle you can a greater amount of profiles using one. Could someone explain this a bit to me?
Ta.

The remark about fouling the power feed can equally be made about the standard non tilting machine if you are not using due care. I can see that the power feed may be more difficult to bring to bear on the workpiece particularly on smaller sections. The main advantage must be the ability to present the cutters at a range of angles to the workpiece. I own a sedgewick SM3 which has served me very well, I have looked at and considered buying a tilting model but don't think I could justify the expense of changing. If tilting machines had been available when I made the original purchase it may have been a different story.

Mike Jordan":1vajgrdk said:
The remark about fouling the power feed can equally be made about the standard non tilting machine if you are not using due care. I can see that the power feed may be more difficult to bring to bear on the workpiece particularly on smaller sections. The main advantage must be the ability to present the cutters at a range of angles to the workpiece. I own a sedgewick SM3 which has served me very well, I have looked at and considered buying a tilting model but don't think I could justify the expense of changing. If tilting machines had been available when I made the original purchase it may have been a different story.
OK cheers.

Back