Delivery time from Seneca in US

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam9453

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently ordered the RTS500 adapter from Seneca in the US.
They provided a tracking reference which doesn't seem to work properly.
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive stuff from seneca?
I have tried emailing and phoning seneca to no avail.

Thanks

Adam

I ordered the parallel guide system from them in December and had a similar situation.
The Tracking number was duff, and I eventually managed to get an email reply from them in which they assured me the item was in transit and that the tracking error had occurred when the delivery driver scanned the items wrongly.
Anyhow I did receive my item within 12-14 days I think it was, which was also subject to around £30 in vat and Royal Mail collection charges.
If I were you I would email them again but it sounds as if it is a similar scenario as to what happened to me.

The last time I bought something in the US, it took five days to get from Chicago to Heathrow and then nine days to get through customs and to send an invoice for the vat. Item was eventually delivered 2 days after paying the vat.

very similar, I eventually got an email back from them this afternoon explaining they had issued duplicated despatch labels, of which one was duff.
Obviously I had been provided with the duff tracking number which was why I couldn't locate it.
I then tracked it using the new tracking number and it explained that delivery had been attempted (which of course it hadn't) and it was now being held while they contacted me (which of course they didn't).
Luckily I tried putting the USPS tracking reference into the royal mail tracking website and fortunately was more helpful and said the package was at my local sorting office (5 mins away).
So I jumped in the van, drove to the sorting office where they found the parcel using the tracking number, then they said we need to charge you £18 for VAT and a handling fee!!
Reluctantly I agreed to pay and presented my credit card (as I rarely carry cash) and they said sorry we don't take cards!!
I becoming now quite irritated, walked back to the cash point (which I had passed on route earlier), got cash, went back, paid and finally I have my adapter.
What a fiasco eh.

Fortunately my day was brightened when the axminster delivery turned up with my domino assortments and various cutters.
So all in all a frustrating and stressful day but I now get to play with the new toy (oops I mean tool) tonight :)

i had exactly the same irritating moment in the sorting office when i went to collect some rip dog short stock guides for my TS55 - how they don't take card is beyond me!!

Anyone paying by card doesnt realise, but the card taker has to pay a percentage to the card company which is how they make their obscene profits . This amount depends on turnover, but can be as much as 15% or as low as zero. Royal mail, collecting on behalf of the customs and excise department, would have to make up that percentage. Thats why they dont take cards.

Id agree Bob but they take cards in the post office but not in the sorting office which is just daft. If the payment was made by debit card then there is essentially no charge (it's very small) but they don't even take debit cards in the sorting office

Her majesties thieving personages of questionable parentage are the main reason I purchased one from ego bay, granted not a "seneca", however very obviously produced by someone who's quite proficient with the ole metal working lathe.
Net result was the same, with less stress, quicker delivery and cheaper. 8)

without actually working in the post office, I think the reason they take cards in the main post office is because its their business, so therefore accept the loss. If they take cards for tax (customs) reasons, they have to pass on the full amount.

Definitely, it is a superbly made piece of kit, I've used it thoroughly and it's perfect. It's very simple but it's perfectly made, fits perfectly and works perfectly. Couldn't be happier with it.
Did I say it's perfect lol

I appreciate there is a cheaper 'copy' available on eBay and that someone on here bought one and said it was fine. I however preferred buying the original that has been thoroughly reviewed and proven to be excellent.
It's more expensive so it depends really on what is more important to you.
Personally I wouldn't put cheap tyres on a Ferrari. If you get what I'm saying

Back