Just won this vintage machine..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exposed pulley and no bridge guard...
Grease is the least of your worries, I'm afraid. But at least it looks as if there is a mounting point for a guard, and if you do get those minor points (ahem) sorted you should have a nice machine.
Good luck

Yeah I can make a guard + pulley cover with ease - at least the fence isnt missing!

I'll be picking it up this weekend and if people are interested ill document getting it sorted out.

The price is right so lets hope there isnt too much more to spend

Bournemouth to faversham and back on a weekend? thats a traffic journey and a half.
You got anything to lift it with? looks like a lot of cast iron there.

Faversham? Address I have is Dorchester so not too far!

I have a ford ranger pickup so hoping I can get it up on the back of that!

Major issue really is that my workshop is on the third floor of an old 70's concrete sports centre, I may have to crane it up a few floors! If it's too much of an issue I'll store the machine for the time being - we shall see though

The ebay ad said faversham. Dorchester's not so bad by a long way.

I think youre going to want 4 able bodied people to lift that into a truck though. take some spanners and strip it as much as you can.
Oh just realised what happened, i clicked the link and it said "ended", then sent me to a similar item still for sale. That ones in faversham.

I was thinking worse come I could pull it up a ramp with a winch? My ranger is the 2WD version so not so high,

Definitely will be stripping it out! you an ex local?

Looks like the planer is bolted to the fabricated base so might come to bits to make it more manageable. Good luck

ejtrent":18zd5cwt said:
I was thinking worse come I could pull it up a ramp with a winch? My ranger is the 2WD version so not so high,

Definitely will be stripping it out! you an ex local?

Over 30 years living in Taunton in Somerset. My job had me travelling all over the west country for 20 of them.
I've been everywhere man.

Winch and a wide ramp is good. How about getting it off once youre back home? Dont suppose you have winch that pushes as well as pulls.

Yeah looks like you should be able to break it down somewhat.
So don't forget your spanners!

I think it will make a good surfacer for hobby use once you have upgraded it a little!

I would bring a friend and a lot of spanners and sockets and a pry bar and a lot of ropes and a few blocks and a come along and a few 2x4s and somekind of ramp. With proper equipment two men can load anything your pick up can carry.

Good luck!

TBH I think you lot are overthinking this one a bit.

The answer is staring you all in the face and noone has spotted it yet. It has wheels at the back and rails that are obviously meant for transport. Easy, borrow a donkey, hitch it up and ride that sucker home! Yeeee Haaaw! Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Keep that planer rollin!

cO5bYVQ.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Were you ever in Vallipo
where them gils put on a show
waggle their buttocks with a roll and go
Riding on a donkey
Way ho away we go
donkey riding donkey riding
Way ho away we go
riding on a donkey

By the way I started thinking. This is such a small and lightweight machine that there is no need for a come along nor for any 2x4 when loading. Ropes and blocks and ramps should do.

Haha!!

Thanks for the creative replies, I guess it could be a chariot if it turns out to be no good as a planer!

I'm picking it up on Sunday so ill take some pictures of the process, should be amusing none the less.

As far as getting it off the other end, thats usually the sketchy bit! But at least I can time it so only my closest friends would be witness to my blunders.

I'm hoping it should be a good addition to my workshop once its up and running - I do this for a living so hopefully itl be up to it!

getting it off is easy. untie it, lower the tail gate, and pretend youre a drag racer.
Might help to lay a mattress on the floor so it has a soft landing.

Good luck.

Just picked it up!

No drama at all - as expected it was a fAbricated base (angle iron and box section) and an older head - looked all over it for a maker but can't see one - I took a lot of pics of how it adjusts and that so maybe someone can help?

Nice one.
I'd have the tables straight into my local automotive engineers and get them skimmed on their cylinder head machine.
That'll be a nice machine when done. Keep us updated.

Drama! We want drama!

I hate it when other peoples adventures are boring.

Nice sized machine though, If I was still in the UK I would have fought you for it, but shipping here would be a deal breaker.

Back