Composite decking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil p

Established Member
Reaction score
Could anyone offer some advice and info please.

I was thinking of my "summer" jobs and strangely enough an advert popped up on the TV screen about TREX composite decking.

Had a quick look around the internet and it's quite expensive, however all I really want to do is lay it on an L shaped pathway around the back and side of my house which currently has some old paving stones down which are quite firm and well laid so I would just put it straight on top of that so it would be easier (and less back breaking) and hopefully cheaper than lifting and laying new paving.

However this TREX would still work out pretty expensive and looking around there is plenty cheaper alternatives, there's even some on Flea Bay, therefore my question is...

Does anyone know of a decent make of this composite decking, reasonable quality I would say, that doesn't cost the earth, however I would pay a little extra for better quality, and also any companies that supply?

Thanks
Phil

I've not fitted decking myself, but I do know a landscaping company that will only offer composite decking after having so many problems with real timber which moves, goes grey, gets slippery etc.

It is expensive but its easy to fit and and doesnt have the advantages of timber. I dont know which make he uses, but am pretty sure it is Trex decking in the 145 x 25 4.88 metre lengths, around £40+vat a board.

Its certainly more expensive than indian sandstone.

Back