Semi-Rigid "Pose-able" vacuum hose

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LancsRick

Established Member
Reaction score
For my pillar drill and a couple of other things (in my quest to rebuild my workshop), I really like the idea of adding in some extraction to be run from my shop vac. Unfortunately, I'm tight fisted, and the options I've found are pricey.

1) Axminster Bendi-Hoze - Discontinued
2) Camvac 2.5" Poseable Hose - £47
3) Loc-Line 2.5" Vacuum Hose - £50

They're what I'm after, I just feel they're massively overpriced for a collection of moulded plastic (this from the man who just paid £35 for a Dust Commander cyclone).

Any suggestions on cheaper alternatives?

Thanks.

Youre being tight fisted about keeping your lungs healthy? If youre not wearing a really good mask, go buy the hose.

sunnybob":1x0anrdg said:
Youre being tight fisted about keeping your lungs healthy? If youre not wearing a really good mask, go buy the hose.

Nono, you misunderstand :). I'm going to get one, I'm just seeing if there are cheaper options available first ;).

I bought a couple of the colapsable/stay put hose sections and they are extreemly useful. I have one on my scrollsaw that is fixed in an S and then reduced to a hose to the vac that I can connect or not as required. Bouht mine from Axminster and they had the two sizes there at Nuneaton.

Bendy Hose on new EX 16 R.jpg

Malcolm

Attachments

• Bendy Hose on new EX 16 R.jpg
    Bendy Hose on new EX 16 R.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 352
for the pillar drill in all likelihood you'll not need a huge opening for material to pass through, so it might be worth getting a section of washing machine hose and just bending a stout wire to the shape you want and taping it to it?

you could add a larger "suction funnel thingy" to the end or maybe even a few different shapes for different uses like one for a drum sander.

smaller diameter will also create more suction.

I had an idea after your replies, and have used an old anglepoise lamp as a support for a length of vacuum hose. Job's a good 'un!

Glad to note you've sorted it Rick.
In case anyone else is interested though there are possible alternatives in plumbing fittings, Not quite as easily changeable but work non the less.

If smaller bore then flexi bends in 32mm and 40mm or larger 100mm bore can use WC flexi extenders. They just pull out to extend and bend where you want them. Here are a couple of examples but loads available.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Push-Fit-MULT ... TSnmN1X5QQ
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/500mm-Toilet- ... SwHQ9WbqSR

I got some 2 1/2" possible hose from Rutlands together with a flange type hose adaptor to hook it up to my vac. Pretty sure total cost was around £25 - £30 but have a look on the site. The setup works really well on my Lathe.

Back