Clarke Brad Nailer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It shouldnt leave marks like a stapler but i find the wide mouth in the picture suspicious.

Theres a makita one for £70.

Air nailers are one thing where ive found its a case of buy cheap buy twice.

just a little update - went and got one of these today along with one of the Clarke shhh compressors as it was 20% off Clarke this weekend. used it for some door stops today and its been spot on, no jams and no half driven nails. The safety bumper does occasionally leave the faintest of marks but a couple of strips of thick gaffer tape over it for any finished surface work is fine (tried it today on old pine door).

as for the shhh quiet compressor......if you have the money its well worth it. Compared to the other small Clarke compressors i looked at i there it was way quieter!! they started up a Clarke bandit for me and it was LOUD!! the Shhh one in comparison is about the same noise level as a fridge freezer when its compressor kicks in to regulate temperature.

Petey what size compressor did you get, would it be big enough to power a sander or wheel gun? my Bambi is great for my £15 Aldi nailer but not much else. :(

biskit":1z9mipgo said:
Petey what size compressor did you get, would it be big enough to power a sander or wheel gun? my Bambi is great for my £15 Aldi nailer but not much else. :(

i bought this one https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/quiet-run-compressor-3/

only 9 litre but a better CFM. I would imagine you would struggle to use it for sanders or any other high power tools just because its only a 9 litre tank and its duty rating is 15min on 15min off. I only really wanted one for nailers and an air blaster gun to clear dust off tools / machines. for a sander i would skip 24L and go 50L plus.

Not sure if machine mart will do the 20% discount if you don't have a voucher but may be worth you trying as they have bigger 50L and 75L compressors that may be suited to your needs better but beware the silent ones cost a lost in these sizes.

quick update on the clarke nailer..... it went back to machine mart today as the gaffer tape anti mark bodge fix needed constant replacing and i started to have a few miss fires. Picked up the Makita AF505 mentioned buy another poster and its been amazing today putting up a load of architrave. the air line connector is not the standard type so it cost a few quid in screwfix to get the bits to make up an adapter but well worth it for the step up in quality it provides!!

now i have a compressor i think i'll look to treat myself to a pin nailer or a stapler when i next get paid.....

Back