Router Suitable For Record Power Router Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pegs

Reaction score
If anyone uses the Record Power router table, what routers have you found best for mounting. I have a DeWalt 615 and I can barely catch the clamps on the edge of the router base and bothered that it may come lose in operation - any help appreciated.

As an alternative does anyone make custom router bases more suitable to mounting under a table that I could buy for my Dewalt?

Hitachi M12V in mine, I agree the mounting system is pants.

Pete

There was a draper expert in mine before I shifted it on for the exact reasons stated above...the fluffy mounting, that and lack of use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is the Ryobi-badged version, fitted with Elu MOF177. To kill two birds with one stone, I got a local engineering company to mill out a circular recess in the CI top that is a snug fit round the MOF base, leaving a section of about 6mm thick. The router is then secured to the top with three screws through into the tapped holes in the MOF base. Plenty of strength left and no need for those awful extension collets. Cost about £20 five or six years ago.

Back