Home made tools web site

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graduate_owner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
As per heading, there is a really interesting web site called home made tools (HomemadeTools.net) and if you join you will get regular emails about the latest dozen or so ideas which people have posted. It is US based and some of the stuff is pretty banal but there's a lot of good stuff there.

K

Been following that site for quite a while and whilst I've not actually copied anything it has sparked a few ideas and it's interesting to see how others solve problems.

graduate_owner":dbp10k6n said:
Good for you Pete. I have not yet made anything worth submitting - here's hoping though.

K

I didn't submit any thing I think they trawl the web and put links in to threads on here.
It's mostly planes etc I make.

Pete

Hi Beganasatree,
I have been looking into ideas for making making turning tools (scrapers), fixing high speed steel tips onto mild steel shanks, so as to avoid having to spend about £30 a time on ready made tools. I have also been looking into making a free standing rest for my union graduate - a bit of steel cutting and welding.

One of the things I have made so far is a grinding attachment for my gouges, although getting exact repeatability is a bit problematic so far. It does work though, just needs careful eyeballing. I have lots of ideas for things I would like to make, just need the time to do these things. One of these days!!

K

Back