sweetheart chisels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurcher

Established Member
Reaction score
hi i went birmingham on ssaturday to collect an ebay win of mine well i was blown away at the tools got among them was a brand new set of stabley sweetheart chisels all in perfect condition .
does anyone have any idea of the quality of them they were in the loft of the house for over 30yrs .
also got a spiers shoulder plane 28 other chisels 15 gouges 5 record planes 2 stanley planes new record vice 7 disston saws sash clamps stanley usa router +4 bits and fence plus lots more i am amazed i got it so cheap but am happy with my lot.
lurcher

An early Christmas for you then! sounds like an excellent win, =D> =D> Always interested in someones bargains.
Are you showing any pics?
Regards Rodders

Wow, sounds like a great haul. Nice one.

I think Sweethearts from 30 years ago put them in the sweet spot for Stanley production of questionable quality. They could be mediocre, good, or a bit rubbish, since their quality-control department was apparently on a permanent tea break. I think a test drive is the only way to know for sure what they're like.

Just don't obsess over flattening the whole back of any of the chisels that are a little out of flat, as they're likely to be. As long as none are like a banana you're fine.

Back