A portable workshop build, By a Matthius Wandell type

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^Look over at the "up next" list of videos. There's another 4 or 5 parts where he goes on to make accessories as well. He's a clever chap indeed!

Very interesting, I like the overhead router.

less keen on the riving knife and saw guard!

I was only watching on my phone so didn't see up next only a link to a router table build. The overhead router was cool. I did have similar thoughts about the riving knife and saw guard. It actually makes feel a little nauseous when I see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the major drawback with the overhead router could be the movement in the birch ply, he's working to very very fine tolerances with the bearings and ali angle set-up, and from what I can see, there is no method of adjusting them.

It's a damned fine design for an O/H router having said that.

Most of the parts appear to be easy enough to get hold of, or make oneself, apart from the bearings, These are the one's I'd probably/will possibly go with if I attempt a build.

Sorry I should have said the seasonal movement in the birch ply, as the moisture in the air changes, so will the ply, and there's nothing to compensate for that.

JSW":dq22o6ry said:
I think the major drawback with the overhead router could be the movement in the birch ply, he's working to very very fine tolerances with the bearings and ali angle set-up, and from what I can see, there is no method of adjusting them.

It's a damned fine design for an O/H router having said that.

Most of the parts appear to be easy enough to get hold of, or make oneself, apart from the bearings, These are the one's I'd probably/will possibly go with if I attempt a build.
There are plenty.of bearings available. I'd probably go with V grooved ones. You'd only need half as many then and I would expect less wear = less slop.

router is excellent!!

never noticed much movement in high quality ply wood, depends how damp the shop gets

adidat

Back