UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is the jet mini which is very good (i have one). However, given what you want to achieve with it, the cheapest of lathes should be suitable. it isn't like you are starting with a tree and wanting to produce big items.

turning such small stuff sounds easier than it is though. i think that i would remove the corners of a square blank the best that i could, and then put it in a cordless drill. using sandpaper i would bring it to properly round.

or look at the veritas dowel makers. various styles available, here is one http://www.britishhardwoods.co.uk/verit ... utter.html

I don't see having a bigger lathe to make small things as any sort of problem. Sometimes I use a jacobs type chuck to hold small things in my lathe. Besides if you had a bigger lathe you could tune the wheels from solid :)

I would go for something like this one it is a basic lathe but does give you the opportunity to expand if you want to. I have the variable speed earlier model to this and it is great I use it mainly for turning my pens. You can buy chucks for it and it also takes the MT2 accessories.

Latest posts

Back