Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobC

Reaction score
Any Recommendations for a small Band saw ? something small but that is of decent quality.

Thanks in advance.

..looking for one myself....depends on budget and what you want to use it for I guess....I am considering Charnwood and Record....although I am not an expert, Record stuff seems to be better quality, but I guess most if not all are made in China these days....(probably the same supplier, just a few different "tweaks" and paint colour!)...bottom end ones are abou7 £250..but I am tempted to spend another £150 and get the next model up....

Your thinking is on the right lines Steve. You always get what you pay for. Anyone can start out with a small second hand machine and work up from there, but if you can stretch to the 300 series of Record, then you are well set.

Don't forget that it is als0 the blades (Tuffsaw are best) and the 'tuning' of the bandsaw that makes it work well. Don't expect any second hand machine to work as well as it could unless you are buying from the likes of UKW members, who have learned what it's all about.

Malcolm

Back