Elektra Beckum 316G

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danstewart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but this is the first time on the forum! I was hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction? The blade guide has just fallen off my bandsaw as the cast aluminium bracket that holds it in place has failed. It is an Elektra Beckum, 316G model. It appears the only option for this is to purchase a whole new upper and lower saw blade guide. Does anyone know of another work around. It seems excessive to pay £70 for this when only the bracket is causing an issue! I have tried to upload a diagram and photo to illustrate.Any advice or thoughts would be gratefully received. Many thanks in advance. Dan

Attachments

• saw part.JPG
    saw part.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 80
  • WP_20160228_20_55_48_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160228_20_55_48_Pro.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 80
Dan
I converted to the Bedford Saw & Tool replacement system after breakages of a couple of the castings.
The replacement system is machined from solid.
The castings get brittle with age and temperature changes so unfortunately you can expect more issues.

I still have the bracket from the old set up - PM me your details and i will put it in the post.

Dave

Hi Dave,

That is really helpful. After a bit of digging I also came to conclusion that this is quite a common fault!! (and it is pretty cold where we are!!) If I can keep it going for a bit longer with the bracket that would be great if you don't mind posting it to me. I will PM you with my address and would be more than happy to pay you for this if you send me your Paypal details or bank account and sort code?

Thanks a million - this is a superb forum!
Regards
Dan

Dave,

It appears I cannot use the private messaging facility on here as I am new to the site. The site will also not let me post my e-mail address! Not sure how I can get the info to you!!!! Any ideas??

Thanks

Dan

Dave, I have updated my profile with my e-mail address! this will hopefully work now if you can send me an email.

Cheers

Dan

Dan

You should be able to PM or email after 3 posts or replies to other user's posts.
Try again.
Dave

Back