Bandsaw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie Copeland

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

Just about ready to place an order for a Record Power BS400 bandsaw and wanted some advice on blade brand.

Are Tuffsaws blades really that much better than the ones which will be coming from Record Power?

Cheers

Jamie

THEY ARE, The difference has been stated by everyone who has used the blades from Tuffsaw. Not sure what it is, but it certainly works. The only way you can tell is the try. then see the difference from what you have used before. I doubt very much that you would not then continue with Tuffsaw. In addition, if you can get Ian Black on the phone (he's so busy) he can answer all your questions about which blade is best for any particular job.

Malcolm

Jamie Copeland":3q7rgis5 said:
Hi folks

Just about ready to place an order for a Record Power BS400 bandsaw and wanted some advice on blade brand.

Are Tuffsaws blades really that much better than the ones which will be coming from Record Power?

Cheers

Jamie

No Idea as I've never had a Record Bandsaw But what I do know is that Tuffsaws gets all my business for Bandsaw blades. Excellent blades and even better free advice and customer service. Give them a call , tell them what you want to do and follow the advice
HTH
Roger

I have just bought the BS 400 and have bought my blades from Tuffsaws speak to Ian he will advise you on the best blades for what you want to do

Hi,

I've got the BS350 and it came with three RP blades, they're OK, but the Tuff Saws ones are an order of magnitude better in my opinion.

Cheers
Simon

I'm going to cancel the spare Record Power blades and phone the chap at Tuffsaws on Monday to place an order. The consensus seems to be that the Tuffsaws blades are far better.

Jamie Copeland":2yb5ecji said:
I'm going to cancel the spare Record Power blades and phone the chap at Tuffsaws on Monday to place an order. The consensus seems to be that the Tuffsaws blades are far better.

Bang on. Persevere on the phone, Ian's a busy chap.

It's not just the product excellent though it is, it's the service.
Ring him and you will understand

Wuffles":30pcbi36 said:
Jamie Copeland":30pcbi36 said:

Or e mail him and wait until he has time

lurker":30ju8vo8 said:
Wuffles":30ju8vo8 said:
Jamie Copeland":30ju8vo8 said:

Or e mail him and wait until he has time

Yes, he's good on the email too. Sometimes baffles me though, and the email reply window can take too long for my simple questions.

In fact, I don't know why we all recommend him so much, should have kept him a secret, like a Bonsai BusinessTM

Hi folks

Thanks for the comments.

I've cancelled the Record Power blades and phoned Ian to place an order. He certainly is encyclopaedic when it comes to bandsaws and their blades! Sounds like a top bloke.

Looking forward to trying the blades out.

Cheers

Jamie

Back