recommended place to buy kitchen cabinet hardware?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanleythecat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Is there a one stop shop for a non trade individual such as myself to buy some kitchen cabinet hardware? I'm looking for some sprung soft close hinges for an inset face frame kitchen and some of those metal doorstop 'thingys'! Oh and some of those studs used for shelves. I suppose I'd have a better chance if I knew the correct terminology!!

I called ironmongerydirect but they didn't sell an 18mm mounting plate for a concealed hinge so I'm back looking.

Any advice very welcome.

Many thanks

Leo

I keep mentioning them on here but seem to be on my own :D

Hettich

Think they have a shop in London but I just buy from their catalogue. Think it is all their own kit. Had various things from them over the years. Kitchen hinges, push to open kit heavy duty draw runners, carousels and pull out bins. All been excellent.

Hmm. I had a look online but 'where to buy' seemed to be the only option available (which was Wimbourne! The closest but not very close to me). Maybe it's because I'm using a smartphone to look. I'll look later when I get home.

Hafele is the standard for this stuff. You can buy online, but you pay a premium.
Any ironmonger will have a Hafele account and be able to order for you, and you may well get a discount off list. Obviously not the 40% or whatever it is that they get, but you might be able to haggle 10 or 15%. Certainly when I've bought Hafele stuff it's been cheaper to go through my ironmonger than to buy as an individual online. It's ridiculous.

Yes Hettich is pretty much like Hafele. Very similar products in an equally thick catalogue.

Zeddedhed":1uimfszf said:
Isaac Lord (online) sell exactly what you're looking for.

http://www.isaaclord.co.uk

Yes, they're good +1 for them.

Beau":1uimfszf said:
Yes Hettich is pretty much like Hafele. Very similar products in an equally thick catalogue.

Catalogue singular? I had a shock when asking Hafele for a catalogue for their "stuff" (I like a catalogue) when about 6 or 7 arrived. One for each type of "thing" they do. Amazing.

I've also found some eBay sellers are cheaper than Ironmongery Direct (as an example) for some of the pull out cupboard internals and corner pull out whatsits too. So always shop around. We're talking £75 cheaper on a single item here, so it more than adds up.

Can I put in a shout for the small independents? When I lived down south I always used these guys - http://www.aiwkeycentre.co.uk/. No online store but just give them a ring - they're happy to post stuff - I know because I still use them. Much nicer to speak to a real person. Or better still drive down to Weston, it's not that far from you.

Their help and advice is second to none and if they don't stock what you're after they'll find it for you - even when your terminology is a bit sketchy - just like mine ;-)

Paul200":3b05h2ji said:
Can I put in a shout for the small independents? When I lived down south I always used these guys - http://www.aiwkeycentre.co.uk/. No online store but just give them a ring - they're happy to post stuff - I know because I still use them. Much nicer to speak to a real person. Or better still drive down to Weston, it's not that far from you.

Their help and advice is second to none and if they don't stock what you're after they'll find it for you - even when your terminology is a bit sketchy - just like mine ;-)

They do a free breakfast on the last friday of the month - no purchase required! How fantastic is that!

DiscoStu":2dqfcd90 said:
Paul200":2dqfcd90 said:

They do a free breakfast on the last friday of the month - no purchase required! How fantastic is that!

I might take people there when it's my breakfast round.

Wuffles":1cdnwm8f said:
Beau":1cdnwm8f said:

Catalogue singular? I had a shock when asking Hafele for a catalogue for their "stuff" (I like a catalogue) when about 6 or 7 arrived. One for each type of "thing" they do. Amazing.

Haha yes several but not six or seven more three or four. The range of handles is crazy

I think Hafele have stopped the big catalogue now, I prefer the new system as you can look in the book you want rather wading through the big thing they used to do, a lot easier when a customer is with you.

Most of the time though I use their website.

If you are buying something on a regular basis talk to your rep as they will normally set you up a better price , which appears on your account on line.

Back