Bosch GEX 150 Turbo

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrpercysnodgrass

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at replacing my sander and was looking at this Bosch one http://www.axminster.co.uk/bosch-gex-15 ... der-500303

Has anybody used the polishing function on it? If so, how does it compare to a dedicated polisher? I ask because if it will do the job of a polisher/buffer then I could do away with my polisher, if not I will probably go for the Metabo SXE 450 150mm Turbo Tec and save myself £140.

I have an SXE 450 150, I also have a Rotex 150, which the Bosch looks to be a c̶o̶p̶y̶ similar design principle to. The Rotex is good at polishing, is good at shifting material, provided you are trying it on the right material, otherwise I normally reach for the Metabo.

I don't do a lot of polishing though, so perhaps not the best person to ask. If you do lots of polishing, I suspect the Bosch will be pretty handy to have in one tool.

That said, the 450 SXE is a great sander. A great sander with a really crappy means of switching from 3mm to 5mm stroke.

When you say crappy means of switching, do you mean the way you have to push and hold the button then turn the sanding pad? I did wonder why it does not just have a switch!

I had a rotex 150 for many years and tried the polisher on it, I was not very impressed and looking at the Bosch one it looks pretty similar also I have noticed that the polishing function does not even get a mention on the Bosch promotional video which says something! So I think I will go for the Metabo sander and keep my dedicated buffer.

Thank you for your opinions Wuffles.

mrpercysnodgrass":3m6u6g3j said:
When you say crappy means of switching, do you mean the way you have to push and hold the button then turn the sanding pad? I did wonder why it does not just have a switch!

The push button on mine gets jammed frequently, but the whole changing orbits process feels kind of vague. Apart from that, it's great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back