Railway digital painting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
The weather lately has tied me to the computer and out of shed.

So after model railway photographs earlier.

I painted this railway scene in Corel Painter 2016 (available on free 30day trial)

1-6 8x6 jpg w.jpg

Attachments

• 1-6 8x6 jpg w.jpg
    1-6 8x6 jpg w.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 767
Time well spent John, not meaning to be derogatory at all but my first impression was that it was a perfect child's book cover.

Shades of Reverend Wilbert Awdry illustrations.

Well done on the progress using the media.

Thanks everyone for looking in.

Chas. I had not come across the artist you mentioned so went and had alook. Not quite my style, and I assume the paintings are traditional methods.
All painters devop differently over the course of their interest and I recall meeting a well know railway painter down here in Devon who was on a professional visit with his camera and I subsequently purchased one of his publications. They were beautifully illustrated paintings which he did disclose to me sometimes took three months to finish. They were 30x24" oils and included every rivet on the bumber bar.
My effort above took around 3 hours on a computer and quite content to evolve these days to that proceedure, not much detail but hopefully pleasant to look at.

That's great DW. To my eyes (very limited knowledge) it looks just like a GWR 45xx class tank loco running a restored train along the DVR from Paignton to Dartmouth.

That's probably just wishful thinking on my part, but it does stir very pleasant memories of long-ago holiday visits to your area.

Thanks for sharing, and well done =D>

AES

I think its great, really good colours and textures.

Did you use a graphics tablet? I just wondered because my wife bought a Wacom tablet a couple of years ago and have been able to make it work. With quite a fews hours to their support staff we managed to get it partially working with an old generic driver but most of the featured wouldnt work. Perhaps we might try again and using coral painter

Thanks AES and Robin. Yes I use a Wacom tablet ( do get driver trouble (happens if the PC is slow to boot wacom support say))

AES

It was very pleasing to read that the locomotive GWR class was recognisable, yes it was a 45xx so my style of rendering is working, there where most probable only a dozen informative brush strokes to create that image of a very complex subject. I also appreciate that other painters might paint a beautiful detailed subject and they spend hours to suggest a 45XX.

Latest posts

Back