Quick question for Elektra Beckum BAS 315 owners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LewisM

Established Member
Reaction score
I picked up one of these just before Christmas, I haven't had a chance to really look at it yet but it seemed to be in fantastic condition.
I'm trying to draw up plans for a few accessories, but I'm not going to be able to get over to my workshop until next weekend. If there's anyone here that has this machine, could you tell me how far off the ground the table sits? I'm making a small bench to go next to it, which I plan to also use as support when cutting larger pieces of wood (so it needs to be flush with the top of the table).
Oh and I'm talking about the old German version, not the new Matebo one if that makes a difference.

Hi,

Assuming it is on the original stand the handbook gives the dimension of floor to table 1100mm

Also may be of interest

Blade length 2240mm
Blade width 6-15mm

Hmm, that's a little higher than I was hoping.
The space I have to turn into a workshop is pretty small, roughly 2.5x4.5m, so I've got to try and really conserve what I've got. My plan is to have a 1.4x1m bench in the middle with the band saw at one end and the table saw at the other, that way both can use it as support. I knew I'd have to raise the table saw up, but the bench I use at work is only 98cm high - 110cm seems like a big jump!

I found the table height of 1100mm was a bit high for me, (I am about 5ft 11)

Easy enough to make a new one (hammer) with storage, always handy =D>

My stand is 685 wide x 555 deep 485 high including castors, this gives a floor to table height of 960

Always difficult to be precise about working heights as we all vary in leg length etc. If you need to make the stand before having the machine available, it may be helpful to use your kitchen worktop height as a gauge for your comfortable working height #-o .

That's not a bad idea, and it does look pretty easy to make too. How secure are the casters? I'd be worried about the machine moving around while vibrating / having timber pushed through it.

Absolutely no problem with the castors I have them on all my machines..

Some braked castors only brake the wheel, Ensure you buy only TOTALY BRAKED which means the wheel and the swivel are braked. Personally I have all the castors braked on each machine.

All my machines have 2 inch castors except the Bandsaw, due to its height I use 3 inch. The extra wheel diameter has a larger swivel bearing which increases stability. Rubber wheels are more forgiving when moved over rough surfaces and small bits on the floor.

The general rule when selecting the load capacity of the castors. When using 4 castors calculate the total weight of the machine plus any known extra weight and divide by 3 this will give the individual castor load capacity required.

Back