SIP 01332 problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
The rise and fall mechanism on my tablesaw has died. The worm wheel is slipping in the worm drive rod it engages with, my fault probably for not cleaning off the built up sawdust gunge often enough. I can't see the damage but it's slipping at one spot so clearly is and I did think about maybe I could turn the wheel to engage decent teeth but it looks like an fiddly job where the motor has to come off and don't fancy doing it twice so ordered up a new wheel and drive rod today from SIP.

Has anyone carried out this repair and if so any issues I should look out for?

cheers
Bob

My machine ain't fixed !!!

A bit of a moan first; Having checked the website, telephoned SIP and then World of Power who they directed me to, I got all the answers I needed.

1). Are those 2 parts the only ones I need - Yes
2). Are they definitely in stock as I need very urgently - Yes, order via website which gets priority and will be sent straight out (web says dispatch within 24 hours of order).

All good so ordered at 10.15 Thursday, chased Saturday only to get a reply that parts were in stock but at SIP central warehouse and had to get to WOP first.
A few more emails and I got the parts Tuesday. So somewhat misleading ! Very good attitude from WOP staff though so no complaints about that.

It's a bu**er to get at but installed the new parts, seemed a bit sloppy but turned ok until I fitted the motor and as soon as under load the damn thing slipped as badly as the original and won't raise the sawblade mechanism..
Took it all out again, measured the wheel and the new one is 1.7mm smaller, not much but enough to cause a problem and no way to adjust the assembly.
Additionally, the height adjusting worm rod is a different shape and the original hand wheel won't fit!

More emails with photos and phone calls to SIP technical, who were very helpful tbh and though he searched and found an original rod and handle now no good to me, the worm wheel is unavailable. My only option it seems is to strip down the whole machine and elongate / shim the existing holes in the cast iron support to get some adjustment. Should work but a PITA job.

Great saw but unless I received an undersized wheel it's potentially an issue for anyone with a 01332 saw that was made prior to 2006.

To say I'm a bit p****d off is an understatement.

Bob

Back