Small (1") black butt hinges? Contact adhesive on roof felt?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disco_monkey79

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

2 questions for 2 different projects that I hope you good people can help with.

Firsty, anyone know of a supplier of small black butt hinges, for a cabinet I'm making? I'm struggling to find them that small. Plenty of places sell them in that sort of size (approx. 25mm tall by 22 wide) in every other finish but black.

It's looking like I'll have to paint some steel ones, but was hoping for japanned or powder coated, as it won't chip or flake as easily. I can't use the front-mounting decorative black hinges, as the design won't allow it.

Secondly, can I stick down shed-type roofing felt with regular contact adhesive?

Much obliged.

disco_monkey79":yt9wync1 said:
Firsty, anyone know of a supplier of small black butt hinges, for a cabinet I'm making? I'm struggling to find them that small. Plenty of places sell them in that sort of size (approx. 25mm tall by 22 wide) in every other finish but black.
If you're at all interested in a DIY approach you can blacken steel ones yourself if you can find the right size in plain steel, using heat + oil. You can also do this on zinc-plated hinges with one additional step to remove the zinc beforehand.

disco_monkey79":yt9wync1 said:
Secondly, can I stick down shed-type roofing felt with regular contact adhesive?
Contact adhesive will bond any two materials it will stick to individually so I'm sure you can, but if it's to be exposed to weather I think you might want to go with something else.

Back