Some model railway photographs of mine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
The model is still in my loft built around the 80's.

OO gauge. some scratchbuilt stock and landscape.

station
station 1w.jpg

station exit
station exit 1w.jpg

Shed
shed w.jpg

Local estate
local estate at great gower w.jpg

Attachments

• station 1w.jpg
    station 1w.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,126
  • station exit 1w.jpg
    station exit 1w.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,126
  • shed w.jpg
    shed w.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,126
  • local estate at great gower w.jpg
    local estate at great gower w.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,126
Oh what fun ! I always wanted something like that but never got around to it. Do you still get to play with, erm, ... use it ?

I particularly like the rows of back to back houses in the bottom shot. Very lifelike.

Ace, as a teenager I was into model railways and it's still something I am thinking of continuing when I retire

Lovely DW, and thanks for posting. And it's good to see that you've chosen the "right" railway - GWR = God's Wonderful Railway!

AES

Thanks for looking and comments, unfortunately the chips (it was a zero 1 controller system ) have all burnt out so it is just a view model rly. now.

Tempted to do some more scratchbuilding at times, I have around 20 years worth of railway modeller magazines back before the 80's with all those super true scale plans for locos and stock. Would be quite content to build without electric motors fitted, but eyesight was playing up years ago working in 00.

So dont leave it too late if you want to get started.

DW, if you're interested, I've got a pile of Hornby Zero One controllers and chips, most new and unused, (and some GWR locos, some already with chips fitted) all of which I MAY be interested in disposing of). If you want to discuss send me a PM - it's long story.

AES

AES":3iqv990w said:
DW, if you're interested, I've got a pile of Hornby Zero One controllers and chips, most new and unused, (and some GWR locos, some already with chips fitted) all of which I MAY be interested in disposing of). If you want to discuss send me a PM - it's long story.

AES

Thanks for the post. Motors are over 30 years old, plastic wheel gear parts are eroded. Also I am approaching 80yrs. and every week is a risk going up the loft and I know those days are numbered. Hence I searched my PC for those photographs above

Found some additional photographs surfing through Picassa and uploaded from a portable harddrive.

Scratchbuilt Atlantic . GNR never painted.

atlantic scratch build w.jpg

Kit built three LMS locos, whitemetal, used Hornby tenders which housed the electric drive motors.
Back scene of layout.

handbuilt LMS.jpg

Two scenic shots looking west of layout.

looking west 1w.jpg

looking west w.jpg

Attachments

• atlantic scratch build w.jpg
    atlantic scratch build w.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,007
  • handbuilt LMS.jpg
    handbuilt LMS.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,007
  • looking west 1w.jpg
    looking west 1w.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,007
  • looking west w.jpg
    looking west w.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,007
Nice one devonwoody, that brings back memories of when i was into model railways, sadly all gone now. I remember well making those superquick card shop fronts and engine shed. A couple of years ago i tried to get back into it and brought loads of stuff off ebay, but soon realised it was going to be fruitless so sold it all back on ebay. A dream that will not reach fruition.
Thanks for sharing the photo's

Wonderful photos and layout. Brings back memories of doing similar with my dad many years ago. We didn't do any of the scratchbuilding locos, though. I'm now waiting for my two boys to move on from the wooden railways and start up with the Hornby.

Thanks for sharing.
Adam

my father in law also had a magnificent layout, spent his retirement building it then unable to get into the loft to use it. I never saw the going of it being 300 miles away but wife did inherit a proportion of the locos and rolling stock. I suppose we shall have to sell it all one day, I also have lots of radio control aircraft bit and bobs engines, wheels servos etc all must go before my time is up. It is a shame most people leave it too late to fully enjoy their hobbies.

RogerS":dvphl653 said:
That's fabulous, DW....really, really like your layout. I think you should have a forum bash up in your loft!!

Thanks Roger, very tempting, I will get round to doing a video if I can, plus me playing "The orange Blossom Special" on my keyboard. Don't think my 4 x2 would carry many up there.

Back