HDF laminate flooring

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggrajag

Established Member
Reaction score
Noticed a local store selling old stock (1 pack left per wood) for £5 the other day. Anyone scrolled with it? For the price I was tempted to get a few colours. (Presumably no staining, sanding or varnishing required too - big bonus for me!)

I would have concerns about the decorative layer de-laminating or chipping along the cut lines. Grab enough to do a small floor indoors and try scrolling with a small piece.

If it's a new miracle scrolling material, don't lay the floor. :)

The lamintate flooring I have layed has very tough laminate and as my Dad would say "knocks hell out of the blades"

I used some laminate flooring once.... spent a night in hospital with reaction to the dust. Spoke to a guy who lays it for aa living and he won't even burn off cuts. He said the glue used for the fibres and the laminate coating are highly toxic
Regards
Brendan

I was offered some left over oak laminate flooring by a work colleague with a view to cutting name plaques with it.
When he brought me a sample in I found it had a heavy varnish coating on the floor side and channels cut in the underside for adhesive and was also tongued and grooved so it was totally unsuitable for anything apart from flooring!

Solid wood flooring might be a better alternative if you can find it but will probably be that much dearer to buy unless you get some kind of special deal on it.

When I started, I had a load of laminate flooring that wasn't going to be used as a floor. It cut OK with a fine blade, or would, as NazNomad points out, chip at the edges. It never made me ill, though I still had a hangover everyday at that time, so I probably wouldn't have noticed. :)

Attachments

• Unicorn2.jpg
    Unicorn2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,042
  • elephants2.jpg
    elephants2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,042

Latest posts

Back