Aldi router - which collet?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Mark

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an Aldi router, not great but not bad for the price (£25 I think). Anyway, after a cutter slipped during use, which scared the rubbish out of me as it bounced off the floor and flew past my knew, I think the collet and nut needs replacing. Problem is, where to get one?
I've tried searching for the Aldi ones but cant seem to locate one anywhere. However, what I'd really like, is to swap it. The original one does not have the retaining ring thing (not sure what it's called :oops: ) on the nut to pull the collet out as you undo it so It would often get jammed in. Probably why it ended up slipping.

Does anyone happen to know which other would fit my router or know of a way to find out?

Cheers, Mark

I bought one ages ago at a much reduced price (the box was ripped up) was around a tenner 8)
I put a roundover cutter in it when I got home and never altered the set up
Its a noisy bu££er but serves the purpose

IIRC there were 3 collets in the box - I think 2 X 1/4" and one at 6 mm maybe you used the wrong un for the cutter?
By the way i think Lidl have a router on offer today.

lurker":1dcjooo3 said:
By the way i think Lidl have a router on offer today.

They do, and I bought one, the bloody thing comes with 6 and 8mm collets, no standard 1/4", luckily the collet out of my Katsu clone of a Makita seems to fit perfectly, but I don't want to have to keep swapping out.

Still searching for a replacement, other than that, the router itself seems to be a little blinder for the price, nice weight and feel, good plunge action, plenty of power, and the extraction is spot on.

The cons however are the black plastic base was taken off less than 5 minutes after opening the box, totally useless, must have had a good 2-3mm of bow across its longest side, and probably the same across the short side, place on a table and watch that weeble go! Replaced immediately with a new home made one, and all good. There are a few bad machining errors, but nothing that isn't easily fixable. Oh, and the flex on it! I'm already thinking of cutting some off it's that long. Seriously!

Back